Sunday, March 22, 2009

Is it Spring Yet?

The days are getting longer & sunnier but we still have a lot of snow and ice. Last night my husband asked if I thought our son Will would like to go ice fishing? His Rotary Club was hosting an ice fishing event for kids at Mirror Lake just north of Anchorage this morning at 8:03 ~ that's daybreak.

I thought that meant he was taking Will ice fishing in the morning & I'd be sleeping-in. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way & I ended-up going along. Here they are ice fishing after auguring out 3 feet of ice!


When we got home I got busy in the studio & finished my "fireweed" glass panel. It has many layers of frit fired on the base glass at different temperatures so the layers look & feel three-dimensional. It's finished with brushed nickel channels & cable.

This is the first in a new series of florals & fauna.

I'm ready for spring!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Tam: I just bought several of your great fused glass nail files at Via Creativa in Virginia Beach and thought I'd check out your website. I like your new fireweed piece. It reminds me of living in Alaska in the 80's. I also am a fibre artist and gardener. I'm a wanna be beekeeper, but not too keen on accordians and tap dancing. But hey. Anyway, I just wanted to send you a note and say hi. Looking forward to giving nailfiles as stocking stuffers for Christmas. I'm not usually this far ahead on Christmas gifts, but I fell in love with these and wanted to snatch them up before they were gone. Enjoy the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! Oh....you're just teasing me with talk of Virgina Beach! It's so beautiful there ~ especially this time of year! The owner of Via Creativa is so nice ~ thank you for supporting the gallery & me!

    Have a great day! Tam

    ReplyDelete