Saturday, January 26, 2013

End of the Day Painting ~

It's the end of the day.
I've been checking things off my list...

year end accounting done ~ check
kiln cleaned out ~ check
kitchen cleaned & dishwasher loaded ~ check
copper cut for the next kiln load ~ check
working on the laundry ~ check
pizza dough made for pizza night ~ check

studio cleaned ~ No
dog brushed & teeth cleaned ~ No
inventory done ~ No
glass inventory & order complete ~ No

End of the day painting done ~ No...but I'm working on it.



So, I know this is sort of ugly but it's a work in progress.
I often have a canvas in the studio so I can add extra paint, beads,
glass, paper, etc. to it as the mood hits.  This was a canvas that I gesso'ed (is that a word?)
over & then just added whatever paint I had left on the palate' over the course of a few days.

It's needs more layers of paint ~ over the base of some watercolor & acrylic.
I prefer working in oils as they are slow to dry so I can remove & add layers 
of color & texture.  I think I'll move on to oils now.


~ Thoughts? ~


No comments:

Post a Comment