Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Is the Accordion the New Cool?

Do you think the accordion is the new "cool?"

The past few years I've noticed the accordion featured in a bunch of children's cartoons ~
The Backyardigans, Dora the Explorer, &  the Wiggles to name a few.  It also seems like I'm hearing it more in music & on commercials ~ or maybe I'm noticing it more because I play?
I have to admit that I like it when my son notices these things too...."Look Mommy!  There's an accordion like you play!"

Yep, it makes me a little cool in his eyes.


So, today when I was checking out some upcoming Minnesota events, I noticed this great poster for the Minnesota Orchestra's 2011-2112 concert season.

Look closely.  Look in the lower right hand corner.  See it????

See the strolling accordionist?

The best part is that player is portrayed as normal person strolling down the street & not a weirdo in lederhosen or a dead guy being handed his
accordion in hell ala the Gary Larson cartoon.

The accordion has arrived people!!

1 comment:

  1. A Strolling Accordion, Dan Cooper, Strolling Accordionist. Welcome! Are you seeking an uplifting musical background for your special occasion? I will enliven your party, wedding or event with wonderful accordion favorites. I'm excellent at harmonizing with your group's energy and choosing the right music from my repertoire to suit the moods as they develop. I love bringing the timeless quality of accordion music to "transport" you and your guests through a joyful celebration.
    Please visit my website to know more information- http://strolling-accordion.com/

    ReplyDelete