Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Glass Boxes ~!

Another class I was able to participate in while at the
Glass Expo  in Vegas was "Making Glass Boxes" with
Karen Carey of Custom Stained Glass.

Karen & her husband, Tim, own a glass shop
in Southgate, Michigan.
They offer a full range of glass, supplies & classes.
They are very popular teachers at the Glass Expo
& the first offering of this class filled up immediately!!

I was on the wait list & emailed the organizer & said
I'd take a class anytime if they were willing to teach 
a second class.

Because they are such generous souls
(and probably had the screws put to them by the promoter)
they did offer another class & I was lucky enough to participate.


Karen is the originator of this technique.

It's beautiful, unusual & the possibilities are endless.




These boxes are made with stained glass.
The only color that Karen said doesn't work well is green.
Notice what color I picked!?!?

I can't help myself ~ green is one of my favorite colors.

If they'd had orange glass I'd have picked that color ~ it's my favorite over green.
Orange probably explodes.

For whatever reason, green glass doesn't adhere.
I was slowest in the class because I was
literally watching the glue dry!

I'm very curious about that so next time I'm laying on the beach
& have nothing to do I'm going to goggle it & do some research.

Anyway...what do you think about my first
"Glass Box" ala Karen Carney design?

Thank you Karen & Tim!!

I loved the class & hope to see you at the next Expo!



No comments:

Post a Comment