Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Inspiring words & new work


Before a show I usually take an inventory of what I have in stock, what I need to make, & what new work I think I should have to round out my booth for the best sales. The Arts Emporium was a great show sales-wise. I had a list of new pieces that I wanted to made but time & life are also factors so as the show got closer the list got shorter.


I decided to experiment with "liquid stringer." Basically, very fine frit mixed with a suspension medium so the glass is a liquid. I mix equal parts of glass & medium in a small squeeze bottle & then write on a scrap piece of glass until the consistency will hold up. Not too runny & not too stiff.


These were kitchy but colorful & fun! I strung the hangers with colorful coordinating beads for a finished look. I sold all I had so I think people liked them & the price was right! Good feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment