Saturday, January 17, 2009

Alaska Gift Show

Today is the end of the Alaska Wholesale Gift Show.  It was a fast 3 day show.  The name of the game is  ~ set-up, sell, sell, sell, break down.  There's always long stretches of down time & then flurries of activity when it seems like there's never enough time to answer all the questions.  During the show I always worry I'm not writing enough business but usually by the end of the 3 days it's all good!

I am lucky I have a fabulous rep.  She invites me to be in her booth & it's really a team effort as we work together to sell to old & new customers.  She's also a rep for another company who sets up across the isle from us so there's lots of collaboration between the reps & artists.  It's fun to see everyone annually & catch up.  For the vendors it's a social time as well as business.

I feel so blessed to have such great gallery & gift shop owners who carry my work.  They have been good to me.  Thanks for a great show & I'm looking forward to a successful 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment