Saturday, September 22, 2012

When Good Kilns Go Bad ~!

In my studio, I have five kilns that are fired nearly everyday.
They are work horses & have been basically
maintenance free for over 10 years.

I have two Sierra Kilns which were the early
prototype of the PMC Paragon Kilns.

I love my Sierra kilns so I was a little concerned when out of the blue
my 1100 model let out a little half beep & shut itself down!
Not a good sign.

I let it sit for a couple of days hoping it would have a spontaneous healing.


When that didn't happen I got out a flashlight
& screwdriver to do a little investigation.

Here's what I found...a burnt switch.  Yikes!!!

After a quick 911 call to my trusty electrician, Truman, the 
switch was replaced & I was back up and fusing.


It looks good as new & works like a dream!
Thanks Truman! 

No comments:

Post a Comment