Sunday, April 19, 2009

Production Work

It's spring time in Alaska & if you're an artist who sells your work to galleries (like me) you know what this means....it's production time! The tourism season is right around the corner & galleries & shops all over the state are gearing up, sprucing up & getting for the summer season.


It's always on my mind...I've got to get to my studio & get to work. It reminds me of this poster by Fred Babb. It's my mantra this time of year...go to the studio & work, make stuff, get into the groove, um mm...


You know the groove where you're gathering materials...




With a smile on your face...


Deep in thought, start creating your masterpiece....




Experimenting & trying new techniques....
















Ahhhh....Sweet success!


OK ~ Here's the real thing ~

Here's a load of glass ready to become magnets, buttons, & other small fun collectables.

For the most part, these have Alaskana images. When I've ventured off into other realms it doesn't sell & I can't afford to stock pile images of skeletons, modern art, & abstract images, you know...the stuff I really like. If you want to survive as an artist in Alaska you have to produce work in what I call the "big three"...bear, moose & fish. That's another whole subject.

.

Image this... there's whole stores in Alaska that only sell Alaska Christmas ornaments! Here's a peek at some of those.



OK ~ back to the studio groove....

namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment